The transportation convention continues. Slow boat to border station to speed boat to bus.
HIGHLIGHTS
- Amazing scenery the whole day. Going up the Mekong River saw tons of cool river-front villages and then driving into Cambodia, everything was so lush a green and cool-looking. I know that description doesn't really do it justice, but I could just watch out the windows all day on these trips. I love it!
- One of my fav things about these countries is (Mom, don't be alarmed...) nothing is up to any sort of code or regulation. As in, safety codes. So that means you get access to things that in America you wouldn't be able to. Example: on our speed boat (it was covered like a submarine) you could climb out and sit on the top or sides. It was way stuffy inside so we all climbed out and sat on the side and listened to music and put our feet in the water/wake. It was a dream!
LOWLIGHTS
- Had 2.5 hrs to wait at the border station. In that time had work-out time w/ Cakes (doing crunches and push-ups in the corner of the room) and watched an Asian crime-fighting show dubbed over with another Asian language and made up the plot and dialogue in English for them.
- Had postcards on me that I've been trying to send for like 2 wks but haven't been able to for many various reasons. It's been like a rock in my shoe. I knew I needed to send them before I left Vietnam since that's where the stamps were from. Found a box at the border station of all places and put them in, elated. Upon reflection later that day, I realized that it was likely just the border office's mailbox, not a post office box. I'm a fool. But let me know if you get a postcard from me cause maybe whoever checks the mail will have mercy on the dumb American.
No comments:
Post a Comment