Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boat ride day #2 and arrive in Luang Prabang

HIGHLIGHTS:

- After thinking my bum might fall off if I spent another hour sitting on a wooden plank in a boat, we pulled into the dock almost 4 hours earlier than we thought we would!! Tender mercy!




- Checked into hostel and for less than $3 we got a bathroom clean enough to use with toilet paper AND soap, a bed that doesn't feel like plywood, and no critters so far.

- Ate another banana chocolate crepe.

LOWLIGHTS:

- Met an American kid who keeps making references to an 'inside joke" we have that stemmed from something I said that he completely misheard. So now he oftens brings up our little joke about 'eating people' when I only thought we talked about where we were both from... Gets more awkward every time- like when someone calls you the wrong name and you never correct them.

- Blair emerged from the shower with a guilty look on her face after drenching the entire thing (including the toilet paper) with the shower sprayer.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

Ok, I am a happy momma now. I am happy to read about your adventures on this blog. Keep it up.

)en said...

um.. i just saw where my shout-out was. AWESOME! On your actual blog sidebar thing, not just in a post! niiiice. :) Lovin' the high/lowlights. It is my wish to one day take a trip with you. I know it would be the best trip ever.

amandamenghini said...

You are so adventurous! I will continue to live vicariously through your stories :)

Whitney said...

I'm still laughing out loud at your lowlights. It's funny how they eventually become the highlights after awhile.

Calvin Smooth said...

This trip sounds like a blast. I wish I was there instead of studying physics. But thats life.

* Stephanie said...

Andrea -- sounds like lots of fun! Good to hear about what's going on with you. I have a blog too, if you want to take a look bradshaw-family.blogspot.com

Chris said...

That Lowlife about eating people is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Katie said...

I agree. That's going to make me laugh all day too.