HIGHLIGHTS
- So this is a pretty big deal. I went scuba diving for the first time since the crater in Midway, Utah. As you can imagine, the crater lacked marine life. Once I did my little "refresher course" and got the hang of it, it was quite possibly the raddest part of the trip so far. There were tons of amazing little fishes and I felt just like one of them, just floating and swimming along, with Little Mermaid songs in my head all the while.
- Ate amazing nachos. I know, I'm in Vietnam. But so far in this city we've had Vietnamese food, nachos, pizza, crepes, chocolate croissants, and more. If you can't travel the world, at least eat like you have.
LOWLIGHTS
- Even though my dive guide for my 2nd dive started out by saying (in reference to the guy who taught my refresher course "didn't he teach you anything!" I really thought I was getting a hang of it after a while. Apparently though, as I found out when I finished, it's not normal to have the guide hold onto you for the whole time, taking you around like a little puppy for a walk. I just didn't ever know what he really wanted me to be doing differently between his broken English and cryptic underwater hand signals. So even though he had to steer and probably push me through the water, I got to see a lot of really cool things and didn't get lost.
- Blair temporarily lost her sense of humor for a day. It happens to the best of us. But it was an extra bummer cause not only did we have to listen to her relatively sad attempts at jokes, but she's so stinking funny in real life and we had to go a whole day without out. At least she still thought WE were funny though so she was still somewhat in touch.
- Changed hotels. This one has a toilet that's so close to the wall that anyone taller than me (everyone) has to sit sideways on to use. Suckers.
- Every hotel receptionist we came across was warning us about pickpocketing and how to wear our bags/wallets. Does that mean I still don't quite look like a local?
No comments:
Post a Comment