- Got to do another interview. This time it was with a family who are some of the first members in Cambodia and the parents were little kids during the Pol Pot era. I won't ruin the end. You'll have to wait to see it in print (hopefully) but they're the stinkin coolest. I love getting to know the members in these others countries. It's so cool to be able to learn so much from them! :)
- Reuniting with our British buddies (a lot of the backpackers are doing essentially the same route so we see people over and over). We love these kids!
- Found a Swensen's in the middle of Cambodia and had our first truly satisfying ice cream in all of Asia. Truth be told, we had a sundae/shake extravaganza. It was sickening and delightful all at the same time.
LOWLIGHTS
- Did I mention the part where I'm molting. Quite literally. I was shedding skin so bad from the sunburn that at one point Blair and Cakes and I were all peeling one shoulder. And my shirt sleeves are perma-green from the Aloe. I know that all of you want a detailed update of my skin status.
- We hit up another market. Every once in a while I try to buy things for other people but just keep getting stuff for myself. Sorry everyone. You wouldn't like the stuff they have here anyway. Promise.
- At the markets we find ourselves getting really into haggling over 1000 riel and then have to step back and remember that it's just 25 cents. Oh, the life of having everything be so, so cheap.
No comments:
Post a Comment