- Went to a way more low-key beach. Floated in the warm, clear water and it was like heaven.
- Ran along the beach until my feet were raw. I was so happy.
- Ate Thai food (obviously) sitting on the floor up to our table.
- Rainbow tie-dye hammock at our bungalow. (Did I mention we were spending $2.50/night each?)
LOWLIGHTS
- Let's be honest. Nothing's ever totally perfect. The warm, crystal clear water was actually filled with thousands of invisible "water fleas." Who's ever heard of water fleas? So as we were floating around enjoying the beach, we'd have to give out occasional yelps of frustration. The fleas weren't enough to keep you completely out of the water, but definitely a noticeable discomfort. I experimented though, and found that the more I flailed, the less they bothered me. Real relaxing. :)
- Blair and I bought food from vendors across the street from each other then both got reprimanded for not eating at a table in front of THEIR restaurant. Short of eating in the middle of the street, we couldn't think of a way to appease them. It was tense.
- Took bus ride to this island. It was a dirt trail and I'm pretty sure was handled in 1st gear the whole time. Impressive to say the least.


1 comment:
Water fleas? That's gross. I think you have a higher bug tolerance than me.
Post a Comment