Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Angkor Wat

HIGHLIGHTS

- Rented mtn bikes for $2 for 12 hrs and biked all around these ancient temple ruin things (where Tomb Raider was filmed, if that helps...). It was an AMAZING work out and so cool to just be sweaty and dirty and see beautiful things. I had about 1 mth of not working out pent up inside me so it felt GREAT! And the temples were way rad.

- Back to that no safety code thing...things like these ruins are so much more fun than if they were in the US cause you can just tromp all over and through them. Helps you really get a feel for them.

LOWLIGHTS

- So remember how I said the water works on and off? Lowlight when Blair marches to the front desk in a towel and barefoot (keep in mind we're staying way back of a hotel, down a dusty little road to emphasize her point that the water was NOT working (we were filthy from the bike ride and the girl was ready for her shower, dang it.) It'd guess this was a lowlight for us, highlight for the hotel guy.

- So this isn't my lowlight, so much as a kid I overheard in the internet place. The poor kid checked into his hostel earlier today with his friend, then I'm assuming, went out to see the town. Lost his friend. Lost his hostel. All he remembers is that there were 40 crocodiles in the backyard. What the? This isn't necessarily croc country out here. So he's between the internet and asking around he's trying to get back home. Everyone's just looking at him like he's a little crazy. Poor sap.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, Andrea
I can't wait to see pictures of all of these cool places you are visiting. Thank you for posting your adventures on your blog. I love and miss you very much.
Mom

Jennifer said...

Hi Andrea!!! I have loved reading your blog and can't wait to see your pictures...and try the avocado something smoothie - really??? Can't wait =) Your trip sounds amazing - one of these days you and e =)