Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bangkok Day

HIGHLIGHTS

- Went to CHURCH again. Weeeee! Loved it! It was an int'l branch so there were people from all different countries. I got to interview a couple for another story. She's Thai and he's from Nepal and they went through a lot in order to be baptized. They were really an inspiration. Loved it! (Did I already say that?)

- Took a gamble and showed up at the train station at 9:30pm with no ticket and no hotel in case I couldn't get a ticket. But the train gods were smiling on me and I got a ticket for a fraction of the cost of what it would've been earlier that day.

- Riding in "third class." I didn't even know they had a third class. Turns out it was these nasty old benches that really were way more comfy and gave you way more room than regular. (see pic).

LOWLIGHTS

- Got into Bangkok at 4:30am instead of 5:30am. Eesh. Painful. Wandered the streets with the rats and the stray cats until we could find a place to crash.

- Said goodbye to Cakes in the morning and Blair in the evening. Left all alone. Very weird.

- Don't actually know what I'm doing with the next 2 days.




No comments: