Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10-hour layover in Seoul

HIGHLIGHTS

- Saw Seoul, Korea!

- Ate some super random noodle/slug dish from some street-side stand. The woman who sold it to me pitied me so she gave me some extra soup.

- Found some amazing treasures in their shopping area. Even found the American Embassy, aka Gap.

- Discovered an AMAZING giant brown sweater with stars to calm my woes (see "lowlights"...).

LOWLIGHTS

- Took me an hour just to get out of the airport cause I kept getting super sketchy info from the "information" booth ladies.

- Forgot that it was actually winter in some places. Too bad I gave away all my remotely warm clothes before I left Thailand...

- Spent the first hour and a half wandering the streets of the shopping district FREEZING cold in my short fisherman pants and flip flops waiting for stores to open so I could buy a sweater.

-Shopowners eyeing me suspiciously as I crept around their stores wrapped in the grey airport blanket and misc. scarves looking for something cheap enough and warm enough to purchase.

- Learned never to try on jeans in a city of people who are built without curves. Tough on the self-esteem.




1 comment:

Jen's Life said...

You totally look homeless, but it a really good way that only you could actually pull off.