Highlights:
- The fact that I got to go with my pops. :)
- The steak dinner the night after the race. Ahhh.... AMAZING. Ridiculously good steak and everything else we could eat along with it. Hit the spot!
- 2 hrs after gorging ourselves at the steakhouse when my dad and I looked at each other and sheepishly admitted that we were both hungry again. Since we were too tired to move, that meant $5 worth of vending machine candy to eat in bed.
- Our gorgeous view of the park and capitol bldg. Our hotel room was so close that we just walked out the door and to the starting line.
- Retracing the race course the next day to really take in the scenery. The best part was chillin on some random steps by the river with my dad and discussing the finer points of life. So east coast.
Lowlights:
- The day before the race: Alternated eating and sleeping the entire day. No joke.
- Before the trip, I asked some knowledgeable ppl what there was to do in Hartford. They just kinda laughed. I thought they were underestimating the little town, but no joke! There was nothing there. It was hilarious. Bldgs, but no ppl. A real life ghost town.
- The fact that Dunkin Donuts appeared to be the town staple. Sketch!
- The day after the race, hobbling around and around and around trying to find a place to eat. (Remember, literally a ghost town. Restaurants just minus food and employees.) I wanted to curl up on the sidewalk in fetal position and not move for a long time.
1 comment:
Looks pretty. You're lucky I wasn't there or I would've smoked you!
Post a Comment