- Walking out the door right to the starting line.
- The fall colors, cool East coast houses, and pretty riverfront along the course. Did I mention perfect running weather?
- The out-and-back portion where Dad passed me and we got to give each other mid-race hugs.
- Mile 20 when there were people handing out fun-size Snickers and Hershey miniatures. Could've kissed them!
- Random running buddies I'd acquire to keep me company for a few miles here and there. Totally helped the time fly.
- Getting WAY better than our goal times! Wahoo!
LOWLIGHTS:
- The bands along the race course. Personal fav was the man in a cowboy hat playing from the bed of his truck. Would've been ok if he were playing something faster than ol' cowboy blues songs. Come mile 16, that's NOT what you want to be setting your cadence to.
- Mile 15 when there was still no sign of goo. Well, I guess the real lowlight was scanning the ground for an unused or even half-eaten goo that someone else may have dropped.
- The excruciatingly painful shower afterwards due to excessive chaffing.
3 comments:
You missed a HUGE highlight! Dad qualifying for the Boston Marathon as an old-gray-haired Grandpa! Nice work, Daddo!
you guys are amazing!
Amen. I think I would have driven myself toward the fun-size treat people and called it quits.
Post a Comment