Monday, August 30, 2010

Home for the Weekend

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Night I flew in, chilled at the harbor with Typo, then went to In-n-Out with 3-dub (mom). So glad she waited up for us! :)

- RBHS class reunion. Awkward encounters, catching up with friends, screaming over the music, drunkenness & lampshades, the whole 9 yards. It was a blast!

- Getting ready with Becks (which of course entailed a trip to Target with her and my mom! :) Woohoo! Target is always a delight!) And the photoshoot with the piece of the freshman year float. (Pack rats prevail!!!!)

- Remembering just why I love Tyler P.


LOWLIGHTS:

- The food at the reunion. The only thing recognizable were the sliders, which a woman choked on, needing the Heimlich maneuver, thus supporting my eternal argument of why "slider" is such an awful name for a mini hamburger.

- Major flight delays both ways. I know, that inclement SD weather. Hah.

- Getting so little sleep that the day I got back, I took of my glasses instead of hanging up the phone.

- Having to say goodbye to Tyler for the 4th time this summer. But it's the last!


Us and the infamous float! :)




The back is what really makes it special in my opinion.




Becky and her senior standout pic. I know, she's practically famous!




Go for the Mormons winning the "Breeder's Cup" award at the reunion. (Actually we hear there's a kid out there with 4 kids, but he wasn't at the reunion. Prob couldn't get a bbsitter.)




Moments like these make me real happy.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Seems like you had a good time at home and at the reunion! I'm glad that you'll get to go back home again soon for good! I miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

I love these updates. They make me smile inside and out. Ill see your beautiful face soon enough!!!!

amandamenghini said...

you look so skinny in those reunion pics! Wish I could have gone...sounds like a blast.

Becky said...

I love the float pictures!! And, the completely random things we wrote on the back of the sun. Why?? Strawberry daiquiri? Pretty sure we we're drinking those. And who are E.S. and A.M? "I'm going to toss my cookies." "Rex lovers." All classics.

Becky said...

I mean, pretty sure we were NOT drinking those. Whoops!

Becky said...

P.S. I'm so glad that in the senior standout revisted photo you can see both my misspelled name tag and the piece of gum I tried (unsuccessfully) to get rid of all night. Apparently trash cans and paper napkins are too unclassy for a reunion event. Should have stuck it to the underside one of the cocktail tables in true high school spirit.

Kerry said...

Thanks for spending time with me. I miss you tons and can't wait for you to come home.