Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The time I sat in bed for 4 days straight.

So here's the deal. I've been sick since Saturday. I thought it was an ear infection, but then I went to the doctor and she told me it was strep. What does she know? Then she made me look at the back of my throat with a flashlight. Guh-ross.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- I slept almost all day on Saturday. I felt so guilty, but it felt so right.

- My dear friend Jaynee here was also sick so we took a taxi together to Walgreens and bought ourselves all the medicine and comfort foods we needed. Gatorade. Alphabits cereal that was only $1. Life was good that day.

- I'm reading a book! I'm actually reading a book! (Only today it got too scary, so at the moment we're on a break.)

- I decorated my wall! (See??) I was nesting.

- Today (Tues) was my last day of being sick. I'm definitely on the mend. I wore three different sets of pajamas.


LOWLIGHTS:

- My roommates all woke up complaining about an obnoxious car alarm that went off 6 or 7 times in the night. It woke up everyone but me. Whoever owns that car is a moron. And a jerk. It went off again when I was home alone. Just out of curiosity, I pressed my clicker. It stopped.

- Going to class on Monday (unknowingly carrying a deadly virus, but knowingly hating life). One of the instructors was just oozing energy out her ears and giving some lecture on feelings. I paid little attention, instead plotting how to make myself pass out so I would get to go home.

- Eating a fudgesicle to soothe my pain but instead it just burned. :(

- So stagnant! I can't handle this life! I tried to coerce anyone I could to going on a walk with me tonight, but it was 11pm so I had no takers. Here I sit, rocking side to side, hoping that will do the trick.




The culprit. We talked it over today. She's sorry.


My prison. P.S. Hi Tyler!


Close-up of the nightstand. It's like that memory game. Quick, close your eyes and tell me everything that was on it.


Dreaming of the world beyond my window. Just tragically out of reach.


Tomorrow will be a better day.



P.S. I guess the final lowlight is how much time I spent today taking pictures of myself or inanimate objects. Eesh.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Love you! Super proud of you for actually going to the doctor and somewhat attempting to rest and get better!

Psst.... I really miss you! Grandma Kerma was predicting you would try to sneak in a little trip up here after your program finished and it made me sad because I know you can't but I wish you could.

Rebecca said...

So, I don't want you to be sick all the time, but you are funny when you are sick. You're funny when well, too, but I really enjoyed this blog post.

Alphabits, lamp, medication, a half eaten bagel thin bottom....

Andrea said...

Haha. Thanks! (I'm impressed you identified the bagel thin.)

...Naked juice, cell phone, fruit snacks...

Kerry said...

Oh my girl. I am sorry you are sick. You need your mother.

amandamenghini said...

I'm so sorry you are sick! And the picture of you looking off in the distance is priceless. Hope you are feeling better soon...