HIGHLIGHTS
- Look at this kid! What's not to love?! :)
- Seeing Tyler as a dad. He loves this little booger to death and I love watching them together! Tyler is Watson's #1 swaddler, shusher, and changer, even at 3am. :)
- Maternity Leave. Did I say that out loud? It's seriously so cool to just be at home and focus on him and spend time with fam.
- Watson's proud cousins. He was born into a lot of love! His Grandma Kerry took the 4 other rugrats to make a Build-a-Bear for Watson as a surprise. I was told proudly when presented with the bear that he has 7 hearts in him. That tells you enough right there. :)
- When he does his little koala bear roll. I love how bendy and cuddly he is!
- His many faces and the fact that since he's our first kid, I have time to just sit and stare at them.
I call this one his "sweet Cheerio lips." Tyler calls it "Blue Steel" from Zoolander. That is the difference between men and women.
- Motherhood has helped me to perfect the art of picking things up with my feet.
LOWLIGHTS
- Leaving the house for our first outing. Much like trying to run into a Double Dutch jump rope--trying to time the escape in the magic cycle of feeding, puking, pooping, car seat strapping, and crying. He did all of those at least twice between leaving our bedroom and getting into the car. Only took about 25 mins. :)
- Some of the times when I burp him, I end up burping myself instead. Most of the time, actually...
- All the freaky things that happen to your body as it's trying to put itself back together. Oh well. Most of it I'd been forewarned about, and I just tell myself it's a part of what I see as the beautiful sacrifice that is Motherhood, even if it's not so beautiful in and of itself. :/
- When Katie started talking about Watson's aunt and I assumed she was talking about me. It's gonna take a bit for this whole "I'm a mom" thing to sink in...
- Parenting 101: Peeing during diaper changes and projectile spit-up is to be expected. Burping is not to be performed by patting the back of the head, even in a state of delirium. Always check your own pants for poop before leaving the house.
He puts the "pee" in PJ pants. Hehe. (Sorry, Tyler)
I made him wear this "Bananas over Mommy" shirt the day he spit up on my 3x and peed on me twice within an hour. Sweet vengeance!






4 comments:
seriously cannot get enough of this little munchkin! and honestly - that's the best part of dressing your kids. you can make them say anything you want them to, just put it on a t-shirt and slap it on 'em! ;)
So fun! The babe is adorable. Loved reading your birth story. And I just have to say that I don't know if your feet skills needed any more perfecting. You were already pretty talented (i.e. contact lenses).
Andrea!!! Congratulations! He is ABORABLE! I love that little nose! And I loved reading about your new life as a mom. You'll be the funnest mom ever! And I love his name! Super cute! Anyway, Conrgrats!
Man, i interpreted that shirt to mean "I like bananas more than mommy" and was confused, even though it totally makes sense. Babies are little monkeys, right.
Aaaanyway, your baby is the cutest thing alive. Just thought you should know. Sorry about all the puke/pee/poop, except not really. :D
Post a Comment