- The fact that we still are living with Tyler's fam so I knew that whatever happened, the Ponds would be beyond prepared. As it turned out, they had a spare generator because they were borrowing an RV so we hooked up the fridge and had a BBQ. No big deal.
- I've been desperately wanting to go camping so I took advantage and before it got dark, set up the tent so we could sleep outside in the yard that night. Sure, the power came back on before we fell asleep, but I was not to be deterred from my back-to-nature experience.
- Went on a bike ride because it requires no power. Funny how crises make neighbors become friends. We had many random chats with people we passed along the way.
LOWLIGHTS
- Took Tyler's bro 3 hrs to drive from LJ to Poway. Eesh. Then when he got home he had to deal with me bragging about how it only took me a half hour. Lesson learned: In a power outage, avoid surface streets.
- My missed photo op. A kid in a lawnchair holding a cardboard sign that said, "Don't stress. Just smile." (Right next to about 1.5 miles of backed up cars).
The line to get into Walgreens - one of the only stores open.
Cars trying to get out of Poway. Backed up from Target to Midland Rd.
The lantern I got for free with my order from Staples.com. Everyone mocked me when I got it "for emergencies," but it proved to be quite helpful!
Pond family BBQ. As though nothing out of the ordinary is going on.
A restaurant in Poway that started serving food out of their catering trucks. Genius!
No comments:
Post a Comment